As a gospel bible believing Pentecostal church the following are the tenets of our faith:
- We believe that the bible is the inspired word of God and His revealed will. (II Tim. 3:15)
- That there is only one God head i.e. the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. They are co-equal and co-eternal. That the lord Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh and the second member of the God head. (Matt 28:19, I John 5:7, Isa 9:6, John 1:1,14)
- That the holy hope for salvation for the fallen man is in Jesus Christ, the son of the living God. (Rom 5:12-21)
- We hold to the bible truth that the only hope of redemption of man is through the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross of Calvary. (I Cor. 6:19-20, I Cor 5:7). That believing in your heart that God raised Jesus Christ from the dead and confessing with your mouth Jesus as Lord brings salvation (Rom 10:10). The evidence of salvation is both the inward direct witness and love as the outward evidence to all men. (I John 3:23, 2 John 4:7, John 13:35). The ultimate salvation of man is through faith in Jesus Christ and not of human works. Nevertheless, our works testify of our faith in Jesus Christ and not faith and determined our rewards in eternity. (Rom 10:9; 14:10-12, II Cor 5:10, Eph 2:8-9,Titus 3:5-7, James 2:18)
- We believe in water baptism by immersion in a flowing river, being a public declaration by a believer that he has died with Christ and that he has also raised with him to the newness of life (Matt 28:19, Acts 10:47:48, Rom 6:4)
- We believe and hold to the sacrament of the holy communion, breaking of bread and drinking from the cup being the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ, which we do in remembrance of our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 11: 24-30)
- It is the divine right of every believer to seek the promise of the father of the Holy Ghost baptism, in accordance with the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. The endowment of power for life and service, the Holy Ghost baptism is in itself separate from and subsequent to the experience of new birth. (Luke 24:39, acts 1:4-8; 2:38-39)
- We believe in Holy Ghost baptism manifested through the speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterances and by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power for public testimony and service. (Acts 2:4, 10:44-46; 19:2)
- We hold to the unity of the spirit of all believers being the body of Christ
- We believe in the Pentecostal power and its potency, efficacy and availability in the true living Church today.
- We believe in the true and balanced scripture concerning in full as follows:
- Love. II John 4:7
- Spiritual – John 3:3, II Cor 5:17 – 21
- Mental – II Tim 1:7, Rom 22:2, Ish 26:3
- Physical – Ish 53:4-5, Matt 8:17, 1 Peter 2:21
- Financial – III John 1:2, Malachi 3:10-11, Luke 6:38
- Social – Prov 3:4
- We believe in the blessed hope – the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to take saints to heaven (II Cor. 15:51-52)
- We believe in the scriptural reality of heaven and hell and that all who have rejected the redemptive work of our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary will suffer everlasting separation from the Godhead and will burn in the lake of fire (Rev. 19; 20:10-15)
- We believe in the millennial reign of Jesus Christ, the return of our Lord Jesus Christ with his saints from heaven to rule and reign for one thousand years
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!